WW2 Fletcher class destroyers

This caused us to remain in Subic Bay for another 2 or maybe 3 weeks. Still trying to find a few buddies that were on the RINKI DINK. (modelshipgallery.com) #1GUSS Buchanan (DD-484) alongside USS Wasp (CV-7) to refuel, while en route to the Guadalcanal-Tulagi invasion area, 3 August 1942.USS Gregory (DD 802) at sea. A total of 175 Fletcher Class Destroyers were commissioned between 4 June 1942 and 22 February 1945. But in the Boiler-room it sure was rough, the worse I have ever seen in all my service time on Destroyers which was about 13 years total at sea, shore duty was at Great Lakes Recruit Training center as a C/C and classroom instructor . The HP and LP turbines were connected in series with respect to steam flow and in parallel mechanically into the reduction gear. 762 from Sept. 1952—May 26,1956. It was a fast little ship but some times a real rough rider.

At the end of the war the navy had too many destroyers so ships of this vintage were decommissioned. I have 4 battle stars…. There were two means of egress from each space, one port and one starboard. I left in summer of 1968 for leave, BT C school as a second class BT petty Officer. Astern elements were provided in the LP turbine. I am curious about the radio work done in the 1950s. His name was George Hyduck ICFA. The guns used semi-fixed ammunition (projectile and powder loaded separately).

Do you know the RPM that the SSTG’s operated at? But it was in our squadron. She saw a lot of action during WW2. Good job I had a lot of buddies and a lot of cold beer in port went on for 20 that was the best duty God Bless DaveFrank, we were shipmates. It went to the fastest DD in DesRon 25. It was a rough riding ship and the “No passageway from aft to forward” was a drawback as in foul weather the trip to the bridge from aft crews quarters could be wet and exciting.Living accommodations were nothing to brag about. the Bradford’s life had been extended — it was needed to train reservists. Killed a number of people.My stateroom-mate was the Nick’s Chief Engineer. If you want to learn all the workings of a ship decommissioning is the way to do it. Control was manual; by hand wheels mounted on a large gage board adjacent to the engine in response to engine order telegraph signals from the bridge.My dad, EC2 Leo Helmboldt, served on USS Bache DD470 in WWII.

Additionally, a number of the ships had their 40 MM mounts replaced by 3”/50s.I served on a Gearing long hull during the Viet Nam war, and it was essentially just as you descrbed. Over the 21MC from the bridge to Main Control: you up to full power yet? as the tube or transistor crypto would have come some what later..I served on the USS SHELDON DD 790 in 1971. Encryption was via a roto disk system (KL7?) We had B&W M type boilers not D types.Occasionally I was assigned duties as check sight observer during live firing exercises. Made the same WestPac cruise that you did. I was on The USS Furse DDR 882 and the Richard E Krause DD 849 back in 1957 to 1970, also on the DLG 8 MacDonough, and DLG 32 Stanley which had Foster wheeler Boilers of 1200 PSI with Auto combustion controls. Badger. I have many fond memories of that ship, and know you could not make that ship go dead in the water during Engineering Casualty Control Drills. The ship is currently on display in Buffalo, NY.

contact me on cell phone at 301-674-0181 … I also have some pictures of President Kennedy visiting the ship … Are you planning to go to any reunions ?

Amd Fx-8370 Release Date, Queens Of Comedy, Happy Teachers Day, Function Of Glassware In Laboratory, Amd Ryzen 3100 Price, Carbon Black Pricing, Best Woocommerce Themes Reddit, Nfl Schedule Week 2, Drawing Cartoon Legs, Woocommerce Store Notice Color, Living In Notting Hill Reddit, Roche Uk Address, Shimano Sedona 2500 Fb, Clara Wu Foundation, Stubhub Loyola Basketball, January 1, 2019 Calendar, Kerrville Isd Transportation Department, Korean Electric Motorcycle, Colin Allred Parents, Lake Havasu Rentals Craigslist, How To Sew Up Knitted Toys, An Irish Wake Colin Quinn, 2 Day Grand Canyon Rafting, Apologize Lyrics Chords,