bryant johnson 10 minute workout

he asks. You're getting a little winded.Now that you've got the routine, here's our advice: repeat daily.Hard to fit exercise into your day?

Weight training becomes even more important the older we get. Bryant Johnson has built in repetitions of three simple exercises. Today we're going to do a 10-minute lower-body workout. Tim Church says it is so important.CHURCH: Reduced anxiety, reduced depression. "CHURCH: HIIT helps you have a very efficient workout because you're stimulating more physiological pathways.

"Which type [of tree] is the strongest?"
"MARTIN: Twenty-two minutes? After cardio, weight training is the next essential component of our workout. I guess fine.AUBREY: You know, we laugh, but it's good to be reminded of all the ways that exercise helps our bodies and our minds.AUBREY: Thanks so much, Rachel.AUBREY: All right. You got about 22 minutes.AUBREY: Next, we're going to move on to strength training.

That's what so many people say. It's the ultimate use it or lose it.AUBREY: Even if those squats were really tough.AUBREY: Pistol squats in the studio (laughter).AUBREY: That's Tim Church. You are done on that treadmill.AUBREY: And we're going to get this entire workout in in 22 minutes. From planks to squats to (full) push-ups, this simple but challenging workout—illustrated with four-color illustrations of the justice in workout gear—will have you getting fit in no time.

You'll start out slow, then build in bursts of intense aerobic activity that push up your heart rate.

"You're getting more benefit," explains Church. There just are so many benefits, and each year we learn more and more.

Maintaining muscle mass, maintaining strength is absolutely critical to quality of life.
It covers everything you need — from cardio to strength training to stretching.Then, for the upper body and chest, Bryant suggests a rowing-like exercise, which he also demonstrates here. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.MARTIN: I mean, I'm a true believer.MARTIN: All right, yeah. You can use a towel, belt or resistance band.AUBREY: And Rachel says she's on it.AUBREY: All right, how's that feeling?AUBREY: OK. Now I want you to stand up. "Maintaining muscle mass and strength is absolutely critical to quality of life, to healthy aging."

So instead of going even-steven there, we're going to do some high-intensity interval training, and this means I want you to go hard for 20, and then slow down for 20.MARTIN: Thank you, Allison. Why is it important to make time to stretch?

Then we move on to squats, which he demonstrates here.Then I have Rachel lift one leg off the ground. )AUBREY: You know, there is a ton of evidence to show that if you want to stay healthy, fend off disease, you need about 150 minutes of exercise a week. If you want more help navigating life, tips on diet, exercise and personal finance, check out other Life Kit audio guides at npr.org/lifekit. You're stimulating more muscles, so you're getting more benefit.CHURCH: Turbo boost is a great analogy.After cardio, weight training is the next essential component of our workout.

On the highway, cruising at a steady pace, you don't burn as much fuel. Then, maybe this workout is for you. We start with pushups or planks. So divide 150 by seven. I have definitely said that on more than one occasion, but NPR's Allison Aubrey isn't having that excuse.

I'd like to exercise, but I don't have time in my schedule. He's a physician who's done a lot of research on exercise.AUBREY: What I want to do now - I want to give you my top tip for shaving time off your cardio workout. Me and Inskeep doing the old...AUBREY: Twenty seconds, that's all.AUBREY: All right.

"From age 40 or 50 on, you lose 1-2 percent of your muscle mass per year," Church says. And we begin with squats on a bench.CHURCH: From age 40 or 50 on, you lose 1 to 2 percent of your muscle mass a year.

Bryant Johnson: Hi, I'm Bryant Johnson, personal trainer and best-selling author.

Lay's Stax Salt And Vinegar, Toni D'alto Death, Zte Blade A7 Visible, A330neo Vs 787, Pierre Edwards Movies, Axl Rose Twitter Literally The Guy In The Pic, Sudden Coffee Company, Quincy Illinois College, Lexi Vogue Husband, Royal City, Wa News, 45 Glover Ave 7th Floor, Norwalk, Ct 06850, Kla-tencor Stock Price, Billy Smith Snl, Uplay Plus Xbox, John Ritter 2019, Scrimba Javascript Bootcamp Review, Muscat Grape Wine, Gameline Sm North Edsa, 2 Day Grand Canyon Rafting, Waco Documentary 2020, Easter Bunny Video, Megan Fairchild Expecting, Phil Ivey Twitter, Stonehenge Face Emoji, Intel Core I7 9700k Vs Amd Ryzen 9, Hotel Sales Report, Abb Deutschland Linkedin, Msi B450 Gaming Pro Carbon Ac Click Bios, Michael Percival Linkedin, The Roots Never, Self Magazine Customer Service, Baylee Jae Instagram, Hp Z240 Sff Workstation Motherboard, Hud Multifamily Training, Istanbul Restaurant Flanders, NJ, Bachelor In Paradise Nights On Tv Australia, Raytheon Technologies New Headquarters, 7 Week Pregnancy Diet, Sommore Grand Rapids Mi, East Walker River, Pure Storage Locations, New Trump Ad, Dan Bakkedahl Instagram, Tracey Wigfield Instagram, Bez Dancing Kinky Afro, Macerich Malls Closing, Wire Cat Carrier Basket, Redmond Weather 14 Days, Bebe Drake Martin, California Motorcycle Dealers, Reed Alexander Dead, Bidu Stock News, Adele Twitter Keto, Pink Jade Meaning, Ciena 6500 7 Slot, Invesco Press Release, Jensen Huang Leather Jacket, Martin Marietta Login, 2020 Lexus Is 250 For Sale, Veritone Archival Footage, Doug Hehner Instagram, Richmond Va District Map, David Brent: Life On The Road Ooh La La, Stephan Lichtsteiner Stats, Microsoft Stock Zacks, Luciano Berio Death,