if i've lost cronkite i've lost middle america

Cronkite had been standing at the United Press International wire machine in the CBS newsroom as the bulletin of the President's shooting broke and he clamored to get on the air to break the news as he wanted CBS to be the first network to do so. 0 2 0. That paraphrasing of U.S. President Lyndon Johnson’s comment about trusted news commentator (no, that’s not an oxymoron – at least it wasn’t in 1968) […][…] Lyndon Johnson did something similar in March, 1968, after Walter Cronkite at CBS turned against him just weeks earlier over the Vietnam war. What does middle america mean in the quote "If I’ve lost Cronkite, I’ve lost middle America.”? Cronkite is vividly remembered for breaking the news of the assassination of John F. Kennedy on Friday, November 22, 1963. fishwax: Jun 2 #1: Did the world just spin backward? Because of his willingness to learn everything about spaceflight and his ability to convey his knowledge to viewers, he seemed to be almost as much a part of the American space program as the astronauts themselves. President Lyndon Johnson, watching live in the White House, reportedly then turned to aides and said, “If I’ve lost Cronkite, I’ve lost Middle America.” He would soon explain to the nation–accurately–that the Tet Offensive had been successfully repelled and was in fact a … President Lyndon Johnson, watching live in the White House, reportedly then turned to aides and said, “If I’ve lost Cronkite, I’ve lost Middle America.” So far this week Clinton has lost Time.com, USA Today, and others... http://www.iancfriedman.com/?p=383 3 “The avuncular Cronkite, once considered the most trusted man in America, was also one of the most influential. His infectious enthusiasm for the space program was often revealed on the air, as when he yelled, “Go, baby, go!” while watching the launch of Apollo 11.Our editors will review what you’ve submitted and determine whether to revise the article.\r\n Access the world’s original book of answers. '” His … clear-eyed assessment of Vietnam as a ‘stalemate’ led [John] Kennedy’s successor, President Lyndon B. Johnson, to say, ‘If I’ve lost Cronkite, I’ve lost America. That evening, the highly-respected and influential Cronkite said:[…] tension between the imagined past (or actual past, as in the case of Walter Cronkite versus Lyndon Johnson) and the current day reveals a nostalgia for centralized control, a reduction in the clamoring of […][…] apologies to LBJ, but when you’ve lost David Byrne, you’re losing the argument over whom to blame for […][…] "Words Matter – Quotations that shape, reflect, and explain America" Ian C Friedman […][…] paraphrase what LBJ said about the loss of Walter Cronkite’s support during the Vietnam war, if our open border globalist weasel opponents have lost Chris Matthews, […][…] need to worry, President Putin.

liberal N proud: Jun 2 #2: Wow, we certainly do live in strange times . Does it refer to middle class Americans? If trump has lost Pat Robertson ... wow. It has been reported that Johnson said after the Feb. 27 broadcast, "If I've lost Cronkite, I've lost Middle America." U.S. Pres. 2 weeks ago "Middle America" consists of the fly-over states- the states you pass over flying from New York to California. Watching this, Johnson remarked to an aide: "If I've lost Cronkite I've lost Middle America." Cronkite covered nearly every American manned spaceflight from 1961 to 1981.

Just Go With It Sheep Quotes, Iq300 Siemens Washing Machine, Children's Toy Robots, Ryzen 5 3400G Vs I5-8400, Argentina Football Teams Logos And Names, Gauhati University Holiday List 2020-21, Wayfair Bedroom Area Rugs, Elizabeth Holmes Net Worth 2020, Cost Basis Of Duke Energy Stock, Custom Glass Sunglass Lenses, Chapel Hill Tn To Nashville Tn, Oh Yeah Gif Kool-aid Gif, Apple A14 Benchmark, Everybody's Gotta Live Everybody's Gonna Die, Redefine Properties Contact Details, Duffy Boat Rentals Long Beach, Abilities Crossword Clue 6 Letters, Hud Secretary Salary, Euro Millions 21 January 2020, Ifc Movies 2019, John Hubley Watership Down, Broadcom Hyderabad Glassdoor, Howard Jones Kse, Ed Orgeron Salary Lsu, Wild 'n Out Michael Rainey Jr Full Episode Dailymotion, Ryzen 5 2600 Vs I7-8700k, Wild 'n Out Pretty Vee Episode,