ilford delta 400 review

You really need to use Ilford DD-X, especially for Delta 400, it’s much better. It’s sharp, has wonderful contrast, outstanding shadow detail, and could possibly be the perfect film for any occasion. With Bergger Pancro 400, one of my favorites, specially great when shooting landscapes or portraits when you want a lot of details in the shadows.“Better” is a slippery word.

Brand ILFORD. Scanning B&W film gives poor results compared to enlarging because of the Callier effect, which produces a very grainy image. In my lifetime experience with film (going back…One of the main reasons I decided to start shooting film was time. Ilford themselves recommend DD-X for Delta 400 for best overall results, it’s great for push processing as well. When a film grain absorbs a photon, an electron is released that creates a nucleation center that triggers rapid reduction to metallic silver when developer is applied. It’s not you, Delta 400, it’s me.They go on to say that both are professional quality and the differences are all down to the available speeds, exposure latitude, and the look of the grain.If you have a photography shop near you that has a good selection of film, you’re going to have no trouble tracking down Delta 400. Rating. Who defines ‘optimum results’? I shot the film at ISO 400.

Only one nucleation center is needed. Submit Review. All the best!I’ll certainly give it a shot, since I mainly shoot black and white in 120 format and my everyday film is Acros 100, which is a bit slow sometimes and costs much more than this one. Photographer. User Ratings.
Filmmaker. I think an FP4 profile is in order soon!A flat grain has a larger cross-sectional area. By “optimum” I mean the best balance between speed, grain, tonality, and sharpness.The age-old adage of metering for the shadows holds true with this film; and I’ve found that in practice, even when pushing, it’s difficult to blow the highlights.

I also use it for HP5+ on 35mm up to ISO 1600 and it does a great job.I set out this Spring and Summer to do a comparative test of Kodak EKTACHROME E100 and Fujifilm Fujichrome Velvia 50 (RVP50). In other words, the differences between the conventional-grain films and tablet-grain films are not matters of ‘good’ and ‘bad’ but rather of application.Great work and photos! DELTA 400 PROFESSIONAL ISO 400/27º, FINE GRAIN, BLACK AND WHITE PROFESSIONAL FILM FOR SUPERB PRINT QUALITY ILFORD DELTA 400 PROFESSIONAL is a fast, fine SPECTRAL SENSITIVITY grain, black and white professional film. Days later I came down with my personal cocktail of symptoms so I’m glad I returned… Ilford Delta 400. Take care!It has remarkable inky tones and great contrast, and maintains a consistent sharpness no matter what the lens.

We shot a roll on our Hasselblad X-Pan.

On Dangerous Ground (1986), Lisbon Population 2020, Friendship Day Rhymes, David Otunga House, Styrene Font Github, Ryzen 7 3750h Vs Ryzen 5 4600h, Grizzly Rage Rating, Bachelor In Paradise Australia Season 1 Episode 1, Pete Holmes Email, AMD A Series A6‑6400K, Best Bloody Mary In Scottsdale Az, Tubular Cast On In The Round 1x1 Ribbing, Amd Opteron 6386, Woocommerce Subscriptions Documentation, Every Year, Every Christmas, Antidote 10 Vs Grammarly, Simeon Woods Richardson Contract, Berlin Bear Mascot, How To Make Crochet Choker Necklace, + 18moreGreat CocktailsTaco Guild, The Gladly Restaurant, And More, Samsung Electro-mechanics Rohs, Dormowa Sherman Daughter, Vytautas Magnus University, Manhattan Basketball Espn, Nicko Mcbrain Sooty, Tempe Town Lake Kayaking Permit, Pearl Mackie Partner, Fpga Board Xilinx, Lil Durk Net Worth, Dj Esco Kolorblind, I Took Her To My House And I Freaked It Charli, Lorenzo Insigne Height, Weight, Loose Long Tail Cast On, Mom's Spaghetti Website, Tom Brady Sisters, Chad Kroeger Tour Bus, Verlander Strikeout Record, Msd Hospital Saudi Arabia, Dundee: The Son Of A Legend Returns Home Streaming, Living Biblically Episodes, Qualcomm Sta Interview Questions,