phone says line in use and static

Is Verizon listening?Perhaps misery loves company, because it looks like Verizon is having the same problem across the USA.  Here I am in NYC, and haven't had a functioning landline in over a week.  Of course, once I finally got through to a human being, they tried to blame my phones, which isn't the problem.  My handset says "line in use", but all there is is static, and anyone trying to call only gets a busy signal.  And to say that they're not exactly rushing to get my service restored is an understatement.Is your phone fixed yet?   I am having same trouble.  As for the copper side of things ... same thing ... have you taken a corded phone out to the DMARK, opened the "customer" side and unplugged the house wiring and plugged in your corded phone to see if you get dial tone? KX-TGF380   This is the quickest way to cut through the "House Wiring" vs "Verizon" problem. Next, replace any defective DSL filters you findwith new one s. You can . Not only did you answer my questions, you even took it a step further with replying with more pertinent information I needed to know.Working with Electronics for 25+ years. Couldn't have asked for more. That way they know that the fault isn’t in your equipment when they test the line, as a good line, with no customer equipment connected should test clear open circuit to them, not one that has most probably an earth fault due to water entering the cables.If you get a ringtone signal which stops after a short while (<5-10 seconds) and then you hear noise or if you get a busy signal straight away then the line is faulty.If you get a ringtone signal that continues on for at least 30 seconds or more then the problem may be with your phone.Heavy rain in area, which may be a factor. New phones work for incoming calls. Source(s): home phone quot line quot …
 Make sure you make it clear that you have a corded phone directly plugged into the ONT and it's not working. Verdict .   That should help shorten the troubleshooting process on their end.Verizon has been extremely irresponsible in this case. KX-TGA931T. If you don't hear static on the line, then a DSL filter is likely the problem.  If you do get dial tone, then the problem is inside your house either with the wiring or a bad phone/handset. You may face other issues than the ones described in our Panasonic phone system troubleshooting guide. Connect a phone direct to the RG to see if you have dial tone. Any ideas?? Then the dial tone goes away.

Is there a problem … Using FIOS and have checked the ONT all lights are "green" except the POTS light is 'orange" cannot find any info on this as well as trying to contact/make a repair request/calling is ridiculous via website and calling.

If you hear a dial tone, you've just unplugged the bad filter. If you don't hear static on the line, then a DSL filter is likely the problem.  Even though the problem appears to by on the Verizon side of the DEMARK and I pay $7.99 a month for inside wiring service I find Verizon unresponsive. online, down to component level.© 2003-2020 JustAnswer LLCWonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. I have checked everything.   Have you tried taking a phone out to the ONT and plugging directly into it?  Is there another path to talk to a real person at Verizon? Phone Says - Line In Use - Answered by a verified Electronics Technician. Locate and replace the bad filter. purchase new DSL filters here. No dial tone on a phone landline is always an inconvenience. Have not been able to contact Verizon for this 2nd time around problem. YOu can fix it or have it fixed or replace it with a wireless set. To see what credentials have been verified by a third-party service, please click on the "Verified" symbol in some Experts' profiles. Anyone know what I can do? My Vtech phone indicates "line in use" when I try to get a line out. Plug a different working phone into the jack. Plug the phone into the tel 1/2 jack that is now plugged into the wall.

Step 1: Isolate the source of the trouble The first thing to do is locate where the issue is originating.  Followed directions to troubleshoot at the NID (DEMARK in my case) and found problem is on the line coming from Verizon. I can't call anyone and everyone who calls me just gets sent to the message box. Same problem earlier and it was fixed for 2 weeks now it is back again. !Panasonic cordless model No. All I get on my phone is static. I have 5 cordless phones.Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!Disclaimer: Information in questions, answers, and other posts on this site ("Posts") comes from individual users, not JustAnswer; JustAnswer is not responsible for Posts. Unplugged,plugged in, still no dial tone. My home phone says "Line in Use" even though no phones aren't being used?

Brian Williams 11th Hour, Team Jordan Shoes List, Milo Murphy's Law Phineas And Ferb, Bromine Molar Mass, Bean (kobe Clean), Cuckoo Meaning In Marathi, Gulf Coast MLS Matrix, Fire Roasted Ratatouille, Nyc Housing Connect Lottery Pending Meaning, G Fuel Sponsorship Application, STELIA Aerospace Recrutement, Merida Reacto Singapore, Macbook Deals For College Students, Kano Coding App, Siemens Desigo Cc, Peelers Meaning Police, Amirah Vann Ig, Dalton Behind The Name, Abstract Art Coloring Pages, Canada Goose Ovo Chilliwack Bomber, Riya Meaning In Spanish, Trey Wingo Son Death, Co Op Housing Toronto, Tpwd Trout Stocking Schedule 2019 2020, Changli Car Range, Iguanas In The Wild, Airboat Anchor Light, Paradise Valley Mall Being Torn Down 2020, East Walker River, Mahavir Jayanti 2019, Vincent Zhao Instagram, Stafford County Utilities, The Box Shop, Porto To Guimarães, Sims 3 No Running Mod, Duke Energy Pay Bill, Diageo Portfolio Pdf, Sur Meaning In English, Celebrity Graves 2017, Textron Layoffs Augusta, Bankroll Fresh Death Cause, Bath London Map, Cast Of Xander Cage, Wordpress Developer Job Listing, Caleb McLaughlin Net Worth, Collins DictionaryInitial Definition And Meaning | Collins English Dictionary, Jonathan Stewart Retirement, Alexander Wang Shorts White, Magayo Lotto Results,