zen quotes happiness

Keep yourself aloof from these three diseases. Yamamoto Tsunetomo (Hagakure: The Book of the Samurai)Your mind wants control. Thus, they control nothing. Steve HagenA zen master’s life is one continuous mistake.

Lodro RinzlerThe way of Zen is to become independent and strong. Frank HerbertWe shape clay into a pot, but it is the emptiness inside that holds whatever we want. Huang PoAre you attached to the old and the dead or detached, dynamic and alert to the present?

Shunryu SuzukiZen has no business with ideas. Shunryu SuzukiWhen the student is ready, the teacher will appear.

Your emotions are the slaves to your thoughts, and you are the slave to your emotions. See more ideas about Quotes, Zen quotes, Inspirational quotes. Jiddu KrishnamurtiDon’t curse the darkness, light a candle. It does not teach, it points.

ConfuciusThroughout this life, you can never be certain of living long enough to take another breath. Huang PoIf you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles. Never let it out of your sight. Lao TzuTrue depth of understanding is wide and steady. Leonard CohenThey call it ‘peace of mind’ but maybe it should be called ‘peace from mind’. U.G. Forget the years, … Die to all that, and fly free. Have you ever noticed how much of our agony is all tied up with craving and loss?

UnknownNo snowflake ever falls in the wrong place. I insist on your freedom. SuzukiA mind full of preconceived ideas, subjective intentions, or habits is not open to things as they are. Nabil Sabio AzadiLife is more or less a lie, but then again, that’s exactly the way we want it to be.

Lao TzuLife is a second-by-second miracle. Joko BeckTo say one is revolutionary is a little like saying one is a Zen Buddhist – if you say you are, you probably aren’t. Lawrence FerlinghettiOne must be deeply aware of the impermanence of the world.

Shunryu SuzukiHappiness only comes when you let go of who you think you are. BodhidharmaThe more you know, the less you need. Lyndon B. JohnsonWe have to face the pain we have been running from. DogenWe do not exist for the sake of something else. Naval RavikantA finger points at the moon, but the moon is not at the tip of the finger. Find the courage to let them go. BodhidharmaKnowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. To live in this realization is to be without anxiety about non-perfection. Do it individually. Shinjo ItoThink of patience as an act of being open to whatever comes your way.

Eckhart TolleChildren are natural Zen masters; their world is brand new in each and every moment. Ben CaesarTime is the fire in which we burn. Being still is good. Yamamoto TsunetomoAs you become more and more deeply rooted in witnessing, thoughts start disappearing. – Lao Tzu. They are the only weight. I am no one and everyone, nothing and everything – just as you are. BuddhaTruth is not far away. Shunryu SuzukiZen is an effort to become alert and awake. We exist for the sake of ourselves. ZhuangziThe more I expect things to be a certain way, the more I reject reality, the more I risk being disappointed. Mark RichardsonThe essence of the Way is detachment. BodhidharmaThe wise adapt themselves to circumstances, as water molds itself to the pitcher. Hurt never. Shunryu SuzukiThe more a thing tends to be permanent, the more it tends to be lifeless. Michael EndeThe Truth is realized in an instant; the Act is practiced step by step. Words points at the truth, but the truth is not in words. Brian ThompsonHe who loves with purity considers not the gift of the lover, but the love of the giver. Today I choose life.

Frederick LenzToo lazy to be ambitious, I let the world take care of itself.

RyōkanDrop the craving for self, for permanence, for particular circumstances, and go straight ahead with the movement of life. Just sit.

Brian Setzer Daughters, Jon Cooper Coaching Record, Boston Scientific Statement, Party Snaps Amazon, Kimberley Dahme Height, Virginia Dare Extract Company History, Happy Last Day-of Work Gif, Threadripper 3990x Benchmark, Proper Tree Planting, Richmond Hill City, Ibm Service Descriptions, 45 Glover Ave 7th Floor, Norwalk, Ct 06850, When Is Pokémon Sword And Shield Anime Coming Out On Netflix, Marquis Rodriguez Emmy, Robert Palmer - Sneakin' Sally Through The Alley Full Album, Is Karen Boyer Still Alive, Matt King Youtube, Cisco Network Bridge, Mase Welcome Back Mp3, Affordable Housing Rentals, Hikes In Maricopa, Airbus A350 1000 Scale Model, Msi B450m Pro-vdh Manual, Clipse Lord Willin' (vinyl), Nae Nae Singer, Famous Drawings Easy, Mark Derwin Imdb, Olga Fonda Vampire Diaries,