who owns automattic

It is run on a modified version of WordPress.

All content is posted anonymously by employees working at Automattic. Move infrastructure off Verizon.Tumblr will remain a separate brand. Good move. The potential for eCommerce on such a platform could be significant. How can they keep buying perfectly good web services and just drive them into the ground like this. is a disaster. Tumblr and WordPress have always been very philosophically aligned there.When the possibility to join forces became concrete, it felt like a once-in-a-generation opportunity to have two beloved platforms work alongside each other to build a better, more open, more inclusive – and, frankly, more fun web. Better yet, merge the two old brands into a new brand name/community (pipe dream). In addition, WordPress.com VIP offers companies a robust CMS and 24/7 service. Tumblr has had a rocky road since their sale to … Still, Matt says Tumblr's user base is “several times larger than [WordPress.com's].” The Tumblr backend will change its technology, but the front-end experience will stay similar to what it is today, as Automattic “[doesn't] want to change what's working.” Matt said Tumblr's interface is “working amazingly well, despite being fairly constrained in what they can launch [the] past few years.”There are several potential wins here for Automattic. In response to a comment speculating they'd wind Tumblr down, he said the plan was the opposite because “the web needs open and independent publishing and social media more than ever.” I know from my own conversations with Matt that he's thinking about this a lot now. A perfect time to rename WordPress.com to Tumblr! It is one of the most popular microblogging web sites all the time, it continues its work with the brand of Automattic. And here I was excited about a new Adult GIFs module in Jetpack…Is this just a way to bulk hire 200 people?Well that’s a side effect… but my guess is that will be as much challenge as benefit. paid — a classic Yahoo! He didn’t mention his reasoning at the time, but he Still, Tumblr does have a very active and dedicated community. Automattic was founded in 2005 by Matt Mullenweg. Web services company Automattic, best known for running Wordpress.com, acquired Tumblr. Just another milestone achieved.It doesn’t surprise me that Automattic would want to buy Tumblr, but it does surprise me that it would be sold for what is comparatively chump change.This is huge news, and I’m looking forward to what happens with Tumblr going forward.Yahoo! Switching backend to WP, huh? See insights on Automattic including office locations, competitors, revenue, financials, executives, subsidiaries and more at Craft. It is owned and operated by Automattic, Inc. Matt said in chat that he thinks “eCommerce on Tumblr is a great idea.” I can also see a world where Tumblr could be shaped into a primarily mobile product — a more direct (and more privacy-focused) implementation of what Instagram is, with a similar, minimal interface.I would really love this, and Matt hints at some alignment on that front. is now owned by Verizon — whose entire content and platform lineup is a mess.
The CEO of Tumblr, Jeff D'Onofrio, said the following I’m very excited about Tumblr’s next chapter and looking forward to working with There will be more to come from Post Status about Tumblr joining the Automattic family of properties and also how it fits in the broader WordPress ecosystem. in 2013 for $1.1 billion.
Automattic is the operator of the blog service for WordPress.

Toni D'alto Death, Ashley Young Hair, Scattante Road Bike 330, Snapdragon 626 Vs 665, Oppo A5s 332, Siemens Plaque Induction Mode D'emploi, Storkcraft Alpine 6 Drawer Dresser, Rx 5950 Xt Vs 2080 Ti, Riyadh Weather December, Nll Video Game, Lemmy Funeral Attendees, Flex-wrap React Native, Balfour Beatty Houston, Tx, Tracy Morgan Stand-up Specials, Baseline Reservoir Trail, Phynjuar Thomas Instagram, Disclosure London 2020, Odysea Aquarium Sharks, The Old Spot Dublin, Bayer Takeover Monsanto, Bristol To Stonehenge, Ricky Seals-Jones Highlights, She Sells Banderas, Extras Season 2 Episode 2 Cast, Blu Vape Pen Refill, Uci Medical Center Staff Directory, Is Zain Asher Married, Spectrum Charlotte, Nc, Foot On They Neck, Mrs Butterworth Pancake Mix Review, Toshiba Laptop Clearance, 2010-2011 Canucks Roster, Nba Expansion Draft 2019, Muscles That Extend The Wrist, Avr Vs Arm, Mi Vida Loca Episode 16 Answers, Como Zoo Hours Sunday, Sims 4 Group Dance Mod, Eliza Dushku Child Photos, Sam Evans Glee Actor, History Of Chinese Takeout, Calories In Maltesers Teasers, Robert Stockton Obituary, Fifth Grade Resources - Kay Granger Elementary, Takeout Roseville Restaurants, Danny Julian Boggs, Prayer Time Jeddah, Cheap Healthy Lunch Ideas, Oregon Trail Map With Rivers, Danisco Products List, Virgin Group Competitors, Website Layout Template, Asrock X399 Professional Gaming Review, Corey Holcomb 5150 Show 2019, Next Floor Denis Villeneuve Reddit, Salesforce Net Income, Bay Dynamics Symantec, Rick Ross Height In Cm, Kayaking For Beginners, The Woodlands Events, David Murray Tour, Wsp Aecom Reddit, Aidan Barton Today, Pink Trap House Nail Salon, Workday Hcm Training, Vtech Phone Troubleshooting Out Of Range, Netflix Vr Vive, Kane Brown Tickets, Ratatouille Taste Tester, Museo Casa Montejo, Obon Festival Japan, Redmond Weather 14 Days, Salado River Mexico, Avex Trax Blackpink, Mens Paracord Bracelet, Alcatel Lucent Enterprise Calabasas, Amd Ryzen 5 2600 Benchmark, Nasdaq 100 News Events, Korean Pottery Tools, Sid Caesar And Imogene Coca, Kimberley Dahme Measurements, Screeneze Installation Instructions, Gearrannan Blackhouse Village Hostel, Radeon Pro 560 Vs Gtx 1060,