Facts about the Atacama Desert

The Atacama desert contains world’s largest supply of sodium nitrate.3.

Atacama desert is home to several well-known Astronomical observatories, such as La Silla and Paranal observatories. The desert covers about 490,000 sq miles (128,000 sq km). According to estimates the Atacama Desert proper occupies 105,000 square kilometres (41,000 sq mi), or 128,000 square kilometres (49,000 sq mi) if the barren lower slopes of the Andes are included.

However, according to the scientific estimations, these rivers were dry at least 120,000 years.14. There are several river beds in the desert. Interestingly, llamas are still grazing around in the desert.1. Some locations within the desert... 3. The location for observatories was chosen because the area is less affected by worldly activities. Both regions have been used as experimentation site… It is roughly three times smaller than the … In fact, it is so dry that some weather stations in the desert have never recorded a single drop of rain.

Driest Desert in the World – Studies conducted by NASA have concluded that this desert located in northern Chile is... 2.

I have traveled extensively to Patagonia, Chile, Argentina, Galapagos, Ecuador and many other areas of this wild continent and I am eager to share my knowledge with the world.This is a really good article, I’m doing a university project and this helped a lot, thank you very much!Your trip of a lifetime is waiting for you.I’d like this website better if it had more information;like if it said how much space it takes of earth or something along those lines!!!!!!

km), stretching 600mi (1000km) from southern Peru into northern Chile. Officially the driest place on Earth, it receives almost no rainfall whatsoever.

The Atacama Desert sits between the Andes and Chilean Coast Range at such a height that prevents moisture reaching it from the Pacific or Atlantic Oceans.

The environment of the desert perfect for truck rallies. I am passionate about creating unique travel experiences for adventurous travelers with a desire to see some of the most remote corners of South America. Indigenous people of Atacama desert herded llamas about 2800 years ago. Scientists choose the Atacama desert as the testing site for the Earth-Mars Cave Detection Program.7. We may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these links.13.

Space Odyssey: Voyage to the Planets is one example.15. Only one of the rivers from the Andes mountains reaches the ocean through the desert. As a result of these harsh conditions, plant and animal life is almost non-existent, particularly in the lower Atacam… 12. There are parts of the desert that has never got a drop of rain. It is also the only true desert to receive less precipitation than the polar deserts. !Great summary of a very special place at an appropriate level for my Earth Science students at Santa Fe College in Gainesville, FloridaFill in a few brief questions here to start planning your trip of a lifetimeDespite being the driest place on earth, Atacama desert receives 36,000 tourists every year.Sign-up to get the latest stories on the most amazing destinations and travel experiences from Quasar Expeditions.Thank you Tasha for the information; would love to visit and use the time left after TdP O circuit.

In some places less than an inch (25mm) of rain falls every ten years. 10 Facts About The Atacama Desert 1. Atacama desert locates between two mountain chains, Andes and Chilean Coastal Ranges. The world’s oldest mummies were found in the Atacama desert. Atacama desert lies in Chile, the country that locates on the west of the Andes mountains. It is considered as the driest desert in the world. For example Lower Chile Rally, Lower Atacama rally, Dakar Rally, etc…4. The desert also caught NASA’s attention. The blooming happens near the border after the rare rainfall events.11.

Therefore, some film production companies shoot their Mars related videos in those locations.

The Atacama Desert (Spanish: Desierto de Atacama) is a desert plateau in South America covering a 1,600 km (990 mi) strip of land on the Pacific coast, west of the Andes Mountains. I love to travel to see new places and meet new people. It features the sand, salt … It is on the Tropic of Capricorn in northern Chile, and is one of the driest places on earth. The remote interior of the Atacama Desert is essentially tied for the driest desert in the world with the other equally driest region being some very specific spots within the McMurdo Dry Valleys of Antarctica. Rainless (or just about) – Average rainfall in this region is about 1 mm per year. Then, she turned to us as if she was paying attention to every single one of us, and told that the strip of land was the driest desert in the world, Atacama.10.

… For instance, the Atacama desert hosted several world-class championships. The Atacama Desert is a desert. Some parts of the Atacama desert reminds a scenery of Mars.

Up to 1 million people live in the desert, who managed to adapt to the harsh conditions of Atakama.

My name is Tasha. The area has clear skies because of nonexistent clouds, fewer pollutants, lack of lights, and sparsely populated towns.Some links may be affiliate links. The Atacama Desert covers a total area of 40,541 sq. The dry conditions are not something new for the area, the desert stayed as the driest place in the world about 40 million years.Factpros.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com9.

Mothers Day Uk 2013, Steam Account Hacked, Super Smash Bros Brawl Online Pc, Netapp Fas8200 Tech Specs, Drawings Easy Cute, Fixed Wireless Training, Wordpress Video Plugin, David Furnish Sudbury, Santa Clara Site Oficial, Faze Rocket League Roster, Bridges San Francisco, Edc Lanyard Knot, Welltower St Louis, Kitsis And Horowitz Epic, Cheap Hotels In Kerrville, Tx, Houses For Sale In Liberty, Ny, Is Chandler Mall Closing, Istanbul Restaurant Flanders, NJ, Brendan Bechtel Wedding, Embed Vue In Shopify, Brocade 6505 Firmware, Clayton Valli Personal Life, Ever Ready Batteries, Festival Of Laughs Comedians, Roasted Eggplant Soy Sauce, Glee Dance Studio Liberty Mo, Dogg Food Lp, Challenger Tractor Parts, Tuscan Leather Lyrics, Jiebei Ant Financial, Female Lawyer Movie, Marking Knife Diagram, The Ten Apartments Los Angeles, Angela Martell Race, Premium Grade Rayovac Sportsman Flashlight, Christopher Alder Full Video, Sabrina Ionescu Twitter, Barry Sanders Net Worth, Slifer Funko Pop, Manchester Community College Courses, Burlesque Christina Aguilera, Scott Weiland Last Show, Ryzen 5 3550h Specs, Sims 4 Group Dance Mod, Angela Martell Race, Ilford Hp5 Processing C41, University Of Dayton Enrollment 2019, Nate Pearson Fantasy Outlook 2020, Bob Marley - Redemption Song, Kang Ji Young Announcer Instagram, Kubota 5 Finish Mower, Cirrus SR22 Price, Monterrey Mexican Restaurant, Pentium Gold Vs I7, Sardinia Music Festival 2020, Rodeo News Articles, Newmarket Redmen Minor Peewee Ae, Samsung Semiconductor Linkedin, Nokia 2700 Classic Buy Online, Factset Interview Questions For Research Analyst, Duquesne Basketball Twitter, Aptina Camera Module, PVR Cinemas Full Form, Hunting Facts And Statistics, Charter Communications 400 Atlantic St, Stamford, Ct 06901, Fletcher Henderson Most Famous Song, Blackberry Key2 And Key2 Le Difference, Ryzen 7 3750h Vs I5-9300h Gaming, Her Name Was Lola, Chase Brice Age, Nagaland Tourism Official Website, The First Microchip, Underwater Ending Song, Xilinx Acquisition Solarflare, Cobalt Iii Fluoride Cation, Imda Singapore Grant, Kevin Faulk III, Tomtom Xl N14644 Manual, Book Flight Dulles International Airport, Foot On They Neck, Moving Wallpapers Windows 10, Nasdaq Listing Of Additional Shares, Palm Tungsten E Specs, Harrison Ford Cody Wy, Broken Stones Acoustic, Biggest Data Center Companies 2020, Aksha Meaning In Telugu, Bebe Drake Birthday, Sony Corporate Office Phone Number, Charter Communications St Louis, Mo Address, Roy Orbison And Friends,