zinc fluoride formula

Solutions of zinc fluoride may contain some hydrofluoric acid, which can cause severe chemical burns and is one of the few materials that can etch glass. (yes/no)1) Match the location of carbon on the periodic table with the two figures on the right.3) How many of the hydrogen ions must be added to NO2-1 to make a neutral acid (zero charge)?Type II binary ionic compounds also contain a metal and a nonmetal however the metal that is present here can form more than one type of cation. ______________Use your knowledge of Type I and Type II metals as well as the appropriate polyatomic name/formula to fill in the following table.Type I binary ionic compounds contain a metal and a nonmetal AND the metal that is present only forms one type of cation. Soluble in hot acids. What is the charge of the ion?2) What number is in the carbon location on the left figure? 5) In zinc fluoride, there are 2 fluoride atoms, are they indicated in the name? Formula and name examples for Type I binary ionic compounds: KI = potassium iodide BaO = barium oxide ZnF2 = zinc fluoride Na2S = sodium sulfide Ag3N = silver nitride BeCl2 = beryllium chloride 2) What type of element is always listed first (metal or nonmetal)? Phosphate _________ Silicate ________ Bromate ________ Iodate ________ Sulfate ________ Nitrate ________12) Name each of the type I binary ionic compounds listed in question 1.Polyatomic ions containing oxygen (oxyanions) are somewhat special.Are all type I metals listed without a Roman numeral?CO2​ = carbon dioxide H2O = dihydrogen monoxideMnO2 = manganese(IV) oxide or manganic oxide MnCl2 = manganese(II) chloride or manganous chloride11) As a team, determine the rules for writing the formula for a type I binary compound when given the name.14) In the table below, fill in the name and formula for the rest of the oxyanions.7) What is the charge on the fluoride ion? Use the following chart and try to classify each acid below to an area on the chart.5) What is the ending of the name of the ion determined from these tables?11) What name ending(s) can help you identify the presence of an oxyanion in a compound?Do all type II metals in the table abovehave their charge indicated by either a Roman numeral or their Latin name with an –ous or –ic ending?8) Name each of the type III binary compounds listed above.5) What do the prefixes (di-, mono-, penta-, tri-) in the names above mean?1) From the following list, cross out those compounds that do NOT belong in the category for Type II binary ionic compounds.9) How many more oxygen atoms does perchlorate have compared to chlorate?12) If sulfate is SO4-2, what would the formula for sulfite be?Are the compound formulas you filled into the table above neutral in charge?5) In zinc fluoride, there are 2 fluoride atoms, are they indicated in the name? 4H 2 O (rhombohedral crystal structure). Naming acids can also be tricky. To what does this number refer?6) Use the figure above to determine how the name changes when we have the compound HNO2.

______________ Fe2O3 = iron(III) oxide or ferric oxide FeO = iron(II) oxide or ferrous oxide2) Which element is listed first in the name?8) How many less oxygen atoms does chlorite have compared to chlorate?5) In the compound FeO, what is the charge on iron? It contains zinc and fluoride ions. Is NO2-1 the nitrate ion or the nitrite ion?8) Why do you need one zinc ion and two fluoride ions for the formula for zinc fluoride?CCl4 AlCl3 CO SeF6 SiO2 SrI2 P4O10 TiO2 SeO3 IrCl ZrO2 N2O56) What is the charge on the zinc ion? (higher charge/lower charge)11) As a team, determine the rules for writing the formula for a type II binary compound when given the name.2) According to the figure above, what must be added to create an acid? ____________ second? Fe2O3 = iron(III) oxide or ferric oxide FeO = iron(II) oxide or ferrous oxide2) Which element is listed first in the name?8) How many less oxygen atoms does chlorite have compared to chlorate?5) In the compound FeO, what is the charge on iron?

For example, in forming H2, each hydrogen atom contributes one electron to the single bond.Given that the ion formula is NO2-1, how can one determine the name of the ion, acid formula, and acid name?3) What number is the carbon location on the right figure? Use your book’s table to fill in the following table with the appropriate names/formulas of the polyatomic ions.10) As a team, determine the rules for naming type II binary ionic compound when given the formula.IF5 = iodine pentafluoride BF3 = boron trifluorideAg3N = silver nitride BeCl2 = beryllium chlorideAlP FeCl2 Ag2O VBr5 CoS SnF2 K3N SrF2 CuBr AuCl3 ZnO HgS4) What element must all oxyanions contain?7) When comparing the oxyanions above, is the charge of the chlorate ion the same as the charge for the other chloro-oxyanions?10) How many less oxygen atoms does hypochlorite have compared to chlorate?Consider the Audience • Analyzing the audience is central to the speechmaking process; consider your …NaCl FeCl2 CaCl2 TiO2 MgO AlBr3 KCl K2S BeF2 Cu2O3 AgCl Zn3N2Formula and name examples for Type I binary ionic compounds:1) From the following list, cross out those compounds that do NOT belong in the category for binary compounds containing only nonmetals or metalloids.1) Based on the –ate determination figures, what is the formula for nitrate?

Ps5 Cpu Equivalent, House Of Tricks Parking, Savannah Mullins Bachelor, Pro Vercelli Transfermarkt, Castle In Phoenix, Az, Pierre Edwards Movies, Best Bbq In San Antonio Reddit, Elbit Systems Of America San Antonio, Tx, Kevin Shattenkirk Wife, Waterford, Pa News, Alanyaspor Gaziantep Prediction, Roanoke County Web Page, Boeing 737 Case Study, Caren Pistorius Birthday, Charger For Zte Phone, Pittsburgh Police Federal Credit Union, Chiang Mai Flower Farm, Big Ben Girl Meme, Fendt Tractors For Sale, DXC Technology Wiki, Best Language To Learn For Psychology, Samsung Flex Wash Washing Machine Price, Joseph Maher Cause Of Death, Band Called Lottery Winners, Tevin Jones College, Savile Row Peacoat, Dinor Rdt Wikipédia, Saw Tattoo Designs, Leidos Distribution Engineer, Scott Thomson Actor, Cypress-io Okta Login, Vastu Dates For Bhoomi Pooja 2020, Dance Monkey Zumba, BigCommerce Annual Revenue, Livorno Fc Kit, Frontier Fios® Gateway Router Arris Nvg468mq, Madain Saleh Saudi Arabia Heritage Sites, Kano Computer Tutorial, Robert Stockton Obituary, Luciano Berio Death, Nescafé Gold Blend 200g Asda, Roasted Eggplant Soy Sauce, Girl Sitting Alone Painting, I7-8700k Vs I9-9900k, I Know This Much Is True Who Is The Father, Another Name For Pilgrims That Starts With An S And Ends With S, High SIERRA Logo, Smokey Bones Menu, Frederic Japanese Band Instagram, Shopify Inventory Report, Why Is Stonehenge A Mystery, Gtx 1050 Laptop Amazon, Sal's Italian Restaurant Menu, Wimberley Real Estate Waterfront, George Carlin: 40 Years Of Comedy Trailer, Porque Todos Los Alimentos Me Saben Salados, Cesar Chavez Hobbies, Chapel Hill To Raleigh, Bank Leumi Uk Careers, Zte Blade 20, Fydeos Raspberry Pi 4, Richmond Hill City, Sacrifice Movie 2016, Ss Princess Sophia Survivors, Albany, Georgia Crime Rate, How Do I Contact Verizon Corporate Offices, Eton Uniform 2020, Things To Do In Salisbury This Weekend, How Do You Get A Korean Defense Service Medal, Laptop Amd Ryzen 7, 30 Day Weather Forecast Fredericksburg Va, Bernera Islands Stamps, Regatta Pointe Condos For Sale, DeAndre Hopkins Catch, Waltham Forest Pcn,